Posted 17 weeks ago (20/04) by Theresa Goss
Bloxham STW is an unmanned sewage treatment works located in the East of the Town of Bloxham. It serves a population equivalent of about 5151 projected to increase to 5951. Flows from the catchment arrive to the works by gravity.
Scope of the design includes the following:
1. Installation of a new inlet works comprising of screens, screenings handling, grit removal and associated transfer equipment.
2. Replacement of inlet pumps. Replacement of existing discharge assembly and guide rails.
3. New PST installed with half bridge scraper, auto de-sludge system as well as emergency manual de-sludge line.
4. Replacement of the primary filter existing hydraulic primary distributor with a driven distributor.
5. Replacement of intermediate pumps with 3No pumps, replacement of existing discharge assembly, guide rails and PS valves and station pipework.
6. Replacement of 3 No secondary filter siphon domes.
7. Installation of new return liquors pumping station.
8. Installation of new wash water booster set for supply to inlet works.
9. Diverted power supply into new MCC, new MCC to sub feed existing MCC
10. Site power upgrade
11. Installation of new access road (within the site) to the new inlet works.
12. Final effluent monitoring
The works are exepcted to last for approximately 12 months.